Self Assessment Tax Returns Bristol and the South West
If you are looking for a reliable and affordable accountant to prepare your self-assessment tax return, speak to Cameron Gordon Ltd. We offer a professional and personal tax returns service. With over 40 years experience your financial affairs are in good hands. We understand that tax returns can be a daunting matter and we have designed our tax return services so that you can relax while we do all the hard work.
Every individual has unique circumstances and we take a personal and intelligent approach to our clients’ financial affairs. Our service is efficient and we aim to achieve the best possible result for our customers.
Our accountancy office is based in Bristol, however, we are happy to work for clients in the neighbouring regions the South West including, Bath, Cornwall, Devon, Somerset and Wiltshire. We also offer tax return services to customers further afield including London, the Midlands and those residing outside of the UK.
Do You Need to Submit a Tax Return?
Online tax returns must be submitted by the 31st January each year. If you are unsure whether you need to submit a tax return, take a look at the criteria below:
- You achieved a taxable income of over £100,000
- Gained over £2,500 income or more from sources such as renting a property
- Income from savings, investments or dividends from shares was over £10,000 before tax
- Realised a profit from selling chargeable assets, shares or a second home and are required to pay Capital Gains Tax
- Company Director (not applicable if for a non-profit organisation and you did not receive any benefits such as pay or a company car
- Claimed Child Benefit but your or your partner’s income was over £50,000
- Received income from abroad (outside of England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland) that requires tax to be paid, such as wages if you work abroad, income from foreign investments and savings interest, received rental income from an overseas property or received income from pensions overseas. Note that The Channel Islands and the Isle of Man are classed as foreign.
- Trustees of a registered pension scheme or trust
- Received a P800 from HMRC
- Income from state pension was more than your personal allowance and was also your sole source of income (except if you began receiving your state pension on the 6th April 2016 or later)
In addition to the list above, there may be other situations applicable where you need to submit a self-assessment tax return. If you are unsure, call us and we will be happy to offer sound advice.
Our Tax Return Service
With our comprehensive and efficient tax return service, we deal with the entire process on your behalf. Our professional and experienced service includes the following:
Initial review of your personal tax return requirements
Registering of your self-assessment tax ID
Calculation of you how much tax you are required to pay
Completion of your tax return
Online filing of your tax return within the given deadlines
Advise how much tax you need to pay and when
For more information about our tax return services and to arrange a consultation contact us on 0117 970 6166